Holiday Traditions Return Dec. 7 to Universal Studios Florida with Grinchmas, Macy’s Holiday Parade and Holiday Concerts by Mannheim Steamroller
It’s the most wonderful time of the year at Universal Orlando Resort. From Dec. 7 through Jan. 4, families can create lifelong memories during Universal Orlando’s Holidays celebration. Kids from one to 92 can come face-to-face with The Grinch at Grinchmas, watch larger-than-life balloons float through the streets during the Macy’s Holiday Parade and hear Christmas music sensation, Mannheim Steamroller, perform beloved holiday classics with a modern twist.
At Universal’s Islands of Adventure, guests will smile from ear-to-ear during the heartwarming live show, “Grinchmas WholidaySpectacular,” featuring The Grinch and the Whos from Who-ville, accompanied by an original musical score by Mannheim Steamroller. Guests can meet the mean, green one himself and the Whos daily and, on select dates, enjoy a special breakfast with the characters.
At Universal Studios Florida, the Macy’s Holiday Parade will fill the streets with the same larger-than-life balloons seen in the famous New York City parade. Guests will be immersed in the spirit of the season with holiday characters, fantasy-filled floats and a tree-lighting ceremony with the big man himself, Santa Claus. This year, there is a brand new addition to the line-up of timeless holiday parade icons. Happy the Hippo, a recreation of a 1940s Macy’s Parade balloon, will make her debut in New York City this Thanksgiving before heading to Orlando to appear in the Macy’s Holiday Parade at Universal Studios Florida.
Following the parade, the acclaimed musical group Mannheim Steamroller will take to the Music Plaza stage in Universal Studios six nights this year to perform memorable holiday hits on Dec. 7, 8, 14, 15, 21 and 22.
For a memorable getaway, guests can take advantage of the following vacation packages:
Florida Resident 2-Park Preferred Annual Pass
**Available on FlexPay
· 2-Park Preferred Annual Pass for less than $12* per month
· Admission to both Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure
· Free self-parking after first visit
· No blockout dates
*Down payment and restrictions apply.
Florida Resident 2-Park Getaway
**Starting at $149+ per adult, per night, tax inclusive
· 2 night stay at one of three AAA Four Diamond Award deluxe on-site hotels at Universal Orlando Resort
· Florida Resident 2-day base ticket to both theme parks
· Universal Express Unlimited ride access to skip the regular lines in both theme parks – a FREE benefit worth up to $89 per person, per day
· PLUS early park admission to experience The Wizarding World of Harry Potter before the rest of the general public
**Must be booked by Dec. 15, 2013 with travel occurring by Dec. 19, 2013.