One of the most memorable and exciting experiences from the Harry Potter series will come to life at Universal Orlando Resort this summer. Soon guests will be able to experience memorable scenes from this new expansion of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, such as:
• Being transported from the Muggle world to the wizarding world as you pass through the brick wall at King’s Cross Station to arrive at Platform 9 ¾
• Watching in amazement as the Hogwarts Express pulls into the station – its billowing steam and authentic whistle beckoning you to hop aboard
• Sitting in one of the train’s cabins with your family and friends and actually riding the Hogwarts Express – just as your favorite characters did in the Harry Potter films
• Looking outside your cabin window and enjoying a scenic, breathtaking journey through the British countryside as you encounter magical creatures, some of your favorite Harry Potter characters… and even Dementors…
Today, Universal Orlando revealed never-before-released details about the Hogwarts Express experience that will debut as part of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley – the all-new, magnificently themed land opening this summer. The train will connect the new land in Universal Studios Florida with The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade in Islands of Adventure – allowing guests with park-to-park admission to enjoy a real journey aboard the iconic locomotive.
Once seated in the cabin, guests will be able to look out their windows as an incredibly authentic and magical adventure unfolds before them. They’ll see Hagrid come alongside the train on his flying motorbike, Buckbeak the Hippogriff swoop gracefully over the black lake, the Weasley twins on brooms and up to their usual antics, the Knight Bus swerving through London traffic – and other special moments and surprises.
Stay tuned after the break for even more information about The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley.
Here are some more facts about The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley:
• Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes will, as already reported, incorporate all of the merchandise from the now-closed Zonko’s joke shop, and will include chandeliers on the ceiling.
• To those wondering, the Hogwarts Express ride, as Universal stated, will not be similar to the King Kong ride of the past, as their team worked with more advanced technology.
• The visuals on the ‘windows’ of the Hogwarts Express will have more of a 3D experience, where it won’t just be a flat movie screen, but guests will be able to see around the image in front of them (include above and below, and to the sides).
• Universal stated there will be an ‘entertainment area’ at Carkitt Market in Diagon Alley, which is on the right area of the town outside of Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment shop.
• The Harry Potter design team of Stuart Craig and Alan Gilmore, who also worked on both Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade, went to King’s Cross in London to get an idea of how to build that aspect in the Orlando park.
From Hogsmeade/Hogwarts to London/Diagon Alley:
• Fred and George Weasley flying on broomsticks in Muggle clothes across the Scottish countryside outside of Hogwarts, presumably as they escape from the castle after their seventh year. (Oliver admitted he and brother James filmed the scene AFTER the completion of the film series, and that the pair actually wore red wigs for their characters)
• Hagrid waving goodbye to students (and guests) riding to London on the Hogwarts Express, from the Hogsmeade train station (similar to the final scene in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, and also a new scene shot by Robbie Coltrane)
• A visual of the Muggle London street, including the big, purple Knight Bus, as guests and the train get closert to Diagon Alley and King’s Cross
• Buckbeak the Hippogriff flying over the black lake at Hogwarts
From London/Diagon Alley to Hogsmeade/Hogwarts:
• Watch as the Dementors come to the attack, just like in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
• See a general visual of the British countryside, as in the movies
• Watch Hedwig gracefully fly across the countryside by the window
• See Hagrid riding on Sirius’ motorcycle next to the train as it zooms north to Scotland