Captain America: The Winter Soldier topped the box office this weekend with record April numbers. The sequel to the original Captain America: The First Avenger back in 2011 made an estimated $96.2 million this opening weekend. That is an April record for best opening ever for a film.
Here is how the rest of the weekend topped out at the box office:
- Captain America – $96.2 million
- Noah – $17 million, cume $72.3 million
- Divergent – $13 million, cume $114 million
- God’s Not Dead – $7.7 million, cume $32.5 million
- The Grand Budapest Hotel – $6.3 million, $33.4 million
And remember, if you are near Disneyland, you can meet Captain America before you see the film.
Be sure to follow us on Twitter @thrillgeek for the latest news, photos and more from Disney.