Ihu’s Breakaway Falls – the tallest, steepest and only multi-drop tower slide of its kind in Orlando – officially opens at Aquatica, SeaWorld’s Waterpark.
Riders climb 126 steps to the top of the eight-story tower (nearly 80 feet), stepping into one of three colorful breakaway boxes. As the door closes, riders cross their arms and give a thumbs up in preparation for their drop — they’ll never know when the floor beneath them will disappear! Facing each other, riders watch as their fellow riders fall. Adding to the anticipation is the sound of a heartbeat, which can be heard in the background while bracing for the drop. Once the floor disappears, riders drop 20-24 feet per second launching them into a spiraling speed slide culminating in a final splashdown.
“Ihu’s Breakaway Falls is the reason to visit Aquatica Orlando this summer,” said Bryan Nadeau, Aquatica Orlando vice president. “From the daring height, crazy drops, and intense speed, this thrilling new attraction brings a whole new level of excitement to an already amazing park that has so much for every age.”
Check out our review of Ihu’s Breakaway Falls here, and be sure to stay after the break for a list of fun facts about Ihu’s Breakaway Falls at Aquatica.
Fear the Falls … Fun Facts
• Ihu’s Breakaway Falls™ features the tallest, steepest, and only multi-drop tower slide of its kind in Orlando.
• Those who dare to brave Ihu’s Breakaway Falls™ will experience an almost vertical drop for nearly 40 feet, the steepest slide of its kind in Orlando.
• Ihu’s Breakaway Falls™ is the longest water thrill slide of its kind featuring three “breakaway boxes” – orange, green, and blue — and one open slide – purple – offering four completely different slide paths.
• Drop more than three stories and slide for 420 feet, the longest of the four slides, on the orange slide.
• The green slide path has the shortest drop, but it’s still a 28-foot fall – that’s the same as four seven-foot tall basketball players!
• Fall from the blue slide if you’re looking for the steepest slide with a breakaway box.
• While the purple slide isn’t a true drop slide, it is by no means a “chicken slide”. In fact, this open-aired slide is the steepest of all four slides.