Universal Orlando Resort Reveals First-Ever Details About Harry Potter And The Escape From Gringotts
Universal has released new details about the centerpiece attraction at the new Diagon Alley expansion at Universal Studios Florida.
During the ride, you will follow Harry, Ron, and Hermione on the quest to retrieve one of the Horcrux. Bellatrix Lestrange will be a big part of the new attraction.
Here are even more highlights from Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts:
· Marvel at the 60-foot, fire-breathing Ukrainian Ironbelly dragon atop Gringotts Wizarding Bank
· Tour Gringotts bank and pass through the marble hall where you’ll see goblins hard at work
· Race through a labyrinth of underground Gringotts vaults
· Encounter the villainous Death Eater, Bellatrix Lestrange, as she attempts to send you to your doom
· Come face to face with He Who Must Not Be Named
· Experience even more mind-blowing moments
The ride will feature a 60-foot drop into the depths of Gringotts Bank, 360-degree themed sets, digital high-definition animation, 3-D special effects and live special effects, such as pyrotechnics. The ride will last approximately 4 minutes. Escape from Gringotts cars will hold 12 passengers, versus four people who can ride on ‘Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey’ at Islands of Adventure.
‘Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts’ will have a height requirement of 42.
“Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts will change the way you think about theme park attractions,” said Mark Woodbury, president of Universal Creative. “We’ve created an entirely new type of ride that propels guests into the story like never before, and guests will remember it long after their visit to Diagon Alley.”
‘Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts’ is certainly shaping up to be quite a ride, but not the only attraction within Diagon Alley. Guests will also have the ability to hop aboard the Hogwarts Express to Hogsmeade, as well as other dining and shopping experiences.