The first TRANSFORMERS Fan Experience took place at Universal Studios Hollywood on June 20, 2014 featuring movie props from Michael Bay’s upcoming film TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION, from Paramount Pictures, including the new OPTIMUS PRIME movie vehicle, insightful panel discussion with Hasbro insiders, performance by Stan Bush, musician from 1986 animated film “Transformers: The Movie” soundtrack, and after-hours access to the award-winning, mega-attraction “Transformers: The Ride-3D.”
The inaugural TRANSFORMERS Fan Experience included:
- Props from TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION, including the OPTIMUS PRIME movie vehicle from the new film
- Exclusive after-hours access to Universal Studios Hollywood’s award-winning thrill ride, “Transformers: The Ride-3D,” which was created in collaboration with Michael Bay
- Opportunities to pose for photos and converse with popular TRANSFORMERS characters, OPTIMUS PRIME, MEGATRON and BUMBLEBEE who can spontaneously speak with guests
- Performance by EMMY-Award winning musician Stan Bush (best known for his song “The Touch” from the 1986 animated film “TRANSFORMERS: The Movie”)
- Panel discussion and interactive workshops led by Hasbro’s TRANSFORMERS brand team, including new inductions into the TRANSFORMERS Hall of Fame
- Commemorative event lanyard and free limited edition memorabilia poster
“Transformers: The Ride-3D” is Universal Studios Hollywood’s most ambitious ride ever. This technologically advanced, motion-based, flight simulator thrill ride is designed to completely immerse guests in the 3D-HD action-packed world of the TRANSFORMERS brand. The storyline of this exciting theme park ride introduces guests to N.E.S.T., a top-secret, military bunker, where they become AUTOBOT recruits engaged in a daunting mission to save Earth and protect the last remaining ALLSPARK shard from the evil DECEPTICONS.
Guests also had the chance to interact with MEGATRON and OPTIMUS PRIME, who through progressive voice technology have the ability to speak spontaneously with theme park guests as a dynamic extension of the immersive attraction.
Be sure to follow us on Twitter @thrillgeek for the latest news, photos and more from Universal Studios Hollywood.