Move It Movement Tour is coming to Legoland Florida in August
The Move it Movement tour is coming to Legoland Florida in August. Cartoon Network and the President’s Council on Fitness are teaming up for this touring expo focusing on Fitness, Sports & Nutrition and in support of First Lady Michelle Obama’s Let’s Move! initiative.
The event features several activities for kids featuring partners such as Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA), NBA/WNBA FIT & NBA Hoop Troop, NFL PLAY 60 and The PGA of America. Parents can also get in on the fun by receiving helpful tips from CATCH and Upwave
Here are just some of the events kids can expect at the Move it Movement event at Legoland Florida:
- NBA/WNBA FIT & NBA Hoop Troop — kids can demonstrate their fitness level by testing their basketball skills and shoot against the clock for prizes;
- The PGA of America Driving Range — updated to reflect the new PGA Sports Academy and its goal of developing young social and competitive golfers, kids are invited to drive the ball for accuracy and distance with The PGA driving range. Top scores are posted on the PGA Sports Academy leaderboard;
- NFL PLAY 60 — kids can practice a variety of football-themed activities, including running patterns and passing skills;
- Subway® Fresh Fit for Kids™ Football Sled Challenge – At the challenge, kids can learn the importance of piling the veggies on their favorite Subway sandwich, as they push a custom Subway football sled across the finish line.
- Let’s Move!/PALA+ booth — a station set aside specifically for registration materials, nutrition tips and further information promoting participation with Let’s Move! and the Presidential Active Lifestyle Award.
For more details, head on over to the official Move it Movement website here.
via LLF Blog