BATMAN: The Ride – A New Coaster Concept Premiering at Six Flags Fiesta Texas Summer 2015
Six Flags Fiesta Texas today unveiled plans to debut the most exciting coaster in the park’s 22-year history — BATMAN: The Ride, premiering in 2015. After being lifted straight up a 120-foot hill, this 4D Wing Coaster challenges riders to “face their fears” as they flip head-over-heels at least six times along the weightless, tumbling journey. Along the way on this 4th dimension free-fly coaster, thrill seekers experience exhilarating coaster hills and unexpected drops along with an interactive ride experience. BATMAN: The Ride allows adrenaline seekers to soar outside the confines of the track and fly like Batman.
“Every year we continue to provide more and more innovative technology and excitement for our park guests and season pass holders. BATMAN™: The Ride is an entirely new concept in ride engineering and will provide a sensory experience like no other coaster. The unanticipated tumbling will add even more thrills as riders travel along the dipping and swirling track,” said park president Martin Bozer.
BATMAN: The Ride features a massive, imposing, floating and twisting track frame, in which ride vehicles begin their journey by traveling up a 120-foot elevator-type lift before being released for their highly unusual sensory journey…including two beyond-vertical free falls, in addition to the six head-over-heels spins. Not only is BATMAN: The Ride the most exciting thrill ride in Six Flags Fiesta Texas history, it is currently not available anywhere else on the planet. This attraction, based on the comic, will offer a total immersion into the Batman storyline with numerous special effects including the world-famous Batmobile and Bat-Signal.
The unique construction of BATMAN: The Ride features:
- The world’s first, one-of-a-kind onboard magnetic technology featuring six smooth head-over-heels free-fly flips providing guests the feeling of weightlessness as they soar outside the confines of a traditional track;
- A 4D wing coaster that seats up to eight and has riders “face their fears” by allowing them to physically face each other as they tumble head-over-heels;
- A 120-foot tall hill that is ascended by an elevator-style lift straight up;
- Two beyond 90-degree raven drops giving the sensation of free-falling;
- Five vehicles with eight passengers each;
- A Bruce Wayne/Batman theme throughout the queue line featuring the Batmobile and Bat-Signal.