SeaWorld San Antonio announces their Howl-O-Scream details
A curse is spreading over SeaWorld when Howl-O-Scream opens Sept. 26. The San Antonio park will present more sinister houses than ever before, new Terror-tories, two new bars, an all-new dining experience and two shows. The scares will begin at 7 p.m. every Friday, Saturday and Sunday through Oct. 31.
The park’s frightful theme is centered around a song. Rumor has it the song curses its listeners who can only lift the curse by surviving a night full of undead beings and paranormal terrors at Howl-O-Scream. One piece of advice for guests, don’t listen! In addition to this supernatural tune, the park will feature five haunted mazes. The newest maze, ICU: Intensive Cursed Unit, was originally founded as a sanctuary for those inflicted with the curse. The physicians and staff tasked with finding a cure have begun to behave a bit strangely themselves. Guests will have to brave through this haunted maze in order to survive this terrifying affliction.
Stay tuned after the break for even more San Antonio Howl-O-Scream details!
These demented attractions are back by popular demand with horrifying new twists:
- Prey: Where the Hunter Becomes the Hunted™, takes guests deep into the woods where they’ll feel their adrenaline start to pump as they realize the hunter has become the hunted.
- In Den of the Departed: Zombie Takeover, the New Orleans Voodoo Queen is back to reclaim her Louisiana cemetery and has raised her loyal followers back from the dead.
- Frightmare Forest is filled with corpse creepers that emerge from the shadows to bring guests’ worst nightmares to life.
- The Smiley Face Clown Gang has taken over Sea Oddities Sideshow: Clowns in Control. This twisted pack of carnival misfits seeks to terrorize anyone who dares to enter their realm of terror.
- Fear is a familiar feeling as guests find themselves engulfed in five frightening zones known as Terror-tories™. This year, Howl-O-Scream will introduce two new creepy areas, Psyco Path and Ports of Skull™. Patients from the ICU: Intensive Cursed Unit will roam freely along Psycho Path spreading the curse to whoever comes their way. Ports of Skull™ is known the world over as a crossroads of the damned. This raucous and rowdy part of SeaWorld has some inhabitants that are just dying to meet guests.
Guests also can brave through these returning Terror-tories:
- Vampire Point™ is home to some of the most disturbing, grotesque and terrifying bloodsuckers. Dawn is hours away and the only salvation is escaping before they sink their fangs into unsuspecting visitors.
- At Sideshow Row, the Smiley Face Clown Gang’s reign of horror spills onto the pathway terrorizing guests.
- While on Demon Street™, beware of the dead as they emerge to retrace the steps of their own funeral processionals. Every evening these spirits rise in search of living souls to claim.
Guests can vanquish their thirst with liquid libations from Howl-O-Scream’s three spirit bars, including the newest additions, Ports of Skull™ and Rehab. At Ports of Skull™, pirates are kings and a good song and stiff drinks are always on the ready. Rehab, San Antonio’s newest addiction, puts The Curse in your cup along with a dance party that will stir senses and leave guests wanting more.
Howl-O-Scream also will feature a new, unique dining opportunity during Fright Feast: Cirque du Soulless. Guests are invited to watch the most peculiar show on earth as wonder and fright mingle right before their eyes. This feast includes a savory meal with an extraordinary troupe of entertainers performing grimacing acts.
Howl-O-Scream is not complete without returning favorite shows like Shamu’s Rockin’ Creepshow, where Shamu® and companion killer whales put a thrilling twist on some favorite Halloween tunes, and the Jack is Back show featuring Jack-O-Lantern and his minion dancers, with a few ghoulish surprises in this song-and-dance spectacular.
To experience Howl-O-Scream VIP-style and gain priority access into the haunted mazes, guests will have three options to choose from. With a Fear Pass VIP, guests will have unlimited, priority access to all five mazes and reserved seating to Shamu’s Rockin’ Creepshow. Guests wanting priority access to all five mazes only can purchase a Fear Pass Unlimited. For guests brave enough to endure each maze one time with priority access can purchase a standard Fear Pass.
During the day, families can enjoy a kid-friendly Halloween experience with the daytime show Countdown to Halloween at Sesame Street® Bay of Play. Young guests can also hop aboard the SeaWorld Express, a festive Halloween train ride located next to Nautilus Amphitheater.
Guests wishing to visit Howl-O-Scream, Christmas and daytime SeaWorld activities, can purchase the 2015 Fall for Free Fun Card that allows unlimited admission now through Sept. 7, 2015 online at Howl-O-Scream.com/TX.