Disney announces details for Holidays Around the World
With Food & Wine Festival coming to a close at Epcot, one is to wonder what the food fanatic is to do with him or herself. Have no fear my indulging friends, Disney has announced details for the 2014 Holidays Around the World.
This event takes place throughout the World Showcase November 28 – December 30 and allows guests to sample different holiday dishes from around the world.
Some of these include:
- A Turkey Waffle from the Promenade Refreshments, which is described as a sweet potato waffle with roast turkey and green bean casserole
- Pecan-maple bark in Canada
- Hot applejack cider with whiskey and a blend of seasonal spices next door in the U.K.
- Bûche de noël au chocolate (chocolate cake shaped like a log) and glace au apin d’epices (gingerbread ice cream) in France
- Honey walnut baklava in Morocco
- Over in Japan guests can sample Chicken karaage, which is a Japanese version of crispy fried chicken bites
- Gingerbread men, chocolate chunk cookies and sugar cookies, hot chocolate, hot apple cider and peppermint bark await guests in the American Adventure
- Panettone, a type of bread loaf served at the Gelato kiosk, along with sweet moscato wine and ciocolata calda (hot chocolate) can be found in Italy
- Stollen fruit cake and glühwein (hot spiced wine) can be found in Germany
- Kaikouxiao (happy face fried cake) will be available for guests in China
- Rice cream will be the food of choice in Norway as guests learn about the Christmas gnome
- Sweet tamales will be available in Mexico as guests celebrate with Los Tres Reyes Mago, the three kings.
Which one are you most excited about sampling this year?