Cedar Point announces $27K raised for Give Kids the World during their Winter Chill Out event at the park
Cedar Point hosted their annual Winter Chill Out event at the park over the weekend raising $27,000 for Give Kids The World, a non-profit organization here in Florida.
The park also gave guests first dibs on some unannounced changes coming to the park:
- The Calypso spinning ride will be relocated to the Wicked Twister Midway and renamed as a nod to a former ride at the park.
- Joe Cool’s Dodgem School is being relocated to Planet Snoopy and will also be renamed
- The regular Dodgem’s will be relocated near the maXair ride
- A new candy shop called Sweet Spot is coming to the midway. It will be located next to the Pagoda Gift Shop and will feature large windows so guests can watch the candy making process as they walk the midway.
- The park unveiled the cars for Rougarou, the new coaster coming to Cedar Point in May. The ride is formerly known as Mantis.
- The park also announced that the passholder preview Friday, May 8 from 7-10 p.m
- Guests also got to view the demolition of the Good Time Theater, which is rumored to be the location of Cedar Point’s 2016 attraction.
Guests of the Winter Chill Out also got a preview of the renovations of Lakeside Pavilion catering area and Hotel Breakers.
“We’re excited about the record turnout for this year’s Winter Chill Out, which provides an opportunity to connect with our biggest fans and support a great organization like Give Kids the World,” said Jason McClure, vice president and general manager at Cedar Point. “With the investments we’ve made at our historic Hotel Breakers, our midway attractions and with the addition of Rougarou, our first floorless coaster, Cedar Point is now more of destination for families than ever before.”
Cedar Point officially opens for the 2015 season on May 9.