The most anticipated new coaster of the year and the world’s longest hybrid coaster made its debut at Six Flags Magic Mountain over the weekend.
Twisted Colossus boasts a state-of-the-art Iron Horse Track, providing a ride experience never before possible on wooden coasters, such as over-banked turns and inversions, all while racing along side by side trains. TWISTED COLOSSUS features numerous exciting components including a “Top Gun Stall” element, Zero G Roll, two lift hills, 18 airtime moments and a first-ever “High Five” element where riders can almost high-five guests riding an opposing train.
Twisted Colossus is the focal point of the newly themed area, Screampunk District, which includes entertainment, a new food venue and a new shopping area and brings the Valencia theme park’s coaster count to a world-record 19.
“We are thrilled yet again to add another unique, record-breaking coaster to our second-to-none collection of world-class attractions and I’m happy to say, Twisted Colossus delivers, truly living up to Six Flags Magic Mountain’s unprecedented thrill DNA,” said Bonnie Rabjohn, Six Flags Magic Mountain park president. “With a broad appeal, Twisted Colossus will usher in the next generation of thrill seekers whose parents grew up riding the iconic original Colossus – keeping the coaster relevant and thriving for many generations to come. And, I can promise you, this isn’t your daddy’s Colossus.”
With its unique construction, Twisted Colossus will feature:
- “Top Gun Stall” – an inversion where the train slows down upside down;
- Western Hemisphere’s first “High Five” – where two trains pass through an overbanked turn with the illusion that riders can reach out and “high five” each other;
- Zero G Roll where track twists 360 degrees;
- A staggering 116-foot drop at an amazing 80-degrees;
- 18 airtime moments;
- 2 lift hills;
- Four minutes of thrills on nearly 5,000 feet of track – longest hybrid coaster in the world.
Twisted Colossus opened to the public on Saturday, May 23.