Six Flags Great Adventure today announced that their previously announced 2016 coaster, Total Mayhem, will now be rebranded into The Joker.
The ride was originally announced as Total Mayhem back in 2015, but has now changed to the Joker, giving the ride a completely new paint job and entrance.
“The Joker is undeniably one of the greatest DC Comics Super-Villains ever created. Only someone with his warped sense of humor could provide this level of insanity ? or spinsanity ? with a new, vertical coaster that delivers gravity-defying somersaults with utter unpredictability. It is the perfect addition to our dynamic line-up of award-winning roller coasters because this ride delivers total mayhem with its next-generation, cutting-edge thrills,” said Six Flags Great Adventure President John Fitzgerald.
Some of the features of The Joker include:
- Massive, imposing, floating and twisting I-box track frame in a unique two-tone design
- One-of-a-kind onboard magnetic technology featuring smooth head-over-heels free-fly flips providing guests the feeling of weightlessness as they soar outside the confines of a traditional track
- 4-D wing vehicles that seat up to 8 per vehicle with a total of 5 vehicles
- Face-off seats that allow riders to face each other as they tumble head over heels
- A 120-foot-tall, 90-degree hill that is ascended by an elevator-style, chain link lift
- Two beyond 90-degree “raven” drops giving the sensation of free-falling
The Joker is scheduled to open in the spring of 2016 at Six Flags Great Adventure
You can view a video of the original coaster, Total Mayhem, here.