Cedar Point details 2016 additions, including new Sunrise Thrills Tour
Along with Valravn for 2016, the tallest, longest and fastest dive machine in the world, Cedar Point has some other goodies up their sleeve for guests to enjoy.
The park announced several changes and additions for the park as well. These include:
- The Sunrise Thrills Tour – For the first time in Cedar Point history, guests will have the opportunity to see what goes into “waking up” the park’s roller coasters. More importantly, the highlighted attraction is the new Valravn dive coaster, where guests can learn more about ride safety, technical operations, start-up procedures and the ride’s unique passenger vehicles. The highlight of the tour will be a climb to the top of Valravn’s 223-foot-tall hill for a breathtaking, panoramic view of Cedar Point (and some once-in-a-lifetime selfies).
- Ride Warriors Club – Ultimate Cedar Point fans can join the new Ride Warriors Club, a members-only group that receives exclusive park access and benefits. Inaugural members will receive their own membership card, private ride time on some of the park’s most popular rides throughout the season, access to invitation-only events, unique photo and video opportunities not available to the public, private question & answer sessions with park management and more.
- Frontier Inn – Landing in FrontierTown near the Maverick roller coaster, this new specialty restaurant will serve up fresh-breaded crispy buttermilk chicken tenders, buffalo chicken tenders, chicken sandwiches, delicious chicken salads, crispy fries, tater tots and more. This is the old Chick-Fil-A location.
- Coca-Cola Oasis – Located just inside the main entrance, this beverage station will be the perfect spot to quench your thirst, featuring Coca-Cola Freestyle beverages and refillable souvenir drink bottles.
- Ride Changes – Every winter, Cedar Point evaluates its entire operation in an effort to improve the guest experience. First, the park will debut all-new cars on the ever-popular Dodgem bumper car ride. The new cars will feature a two-tone gel-coat fiberglass finish, headlights, taillights and seating for two adults.
Top Thrill Dragster and Raptor are also getting fresh coats of paint for 2016 as well.
And of course, as we previously reported, Shoot the Rapids water ride, along with two rides in Challenge Park, Skyscraper and Challenge Racing will be no more.
All images via Cedar Point’s official website.