Universal just revealed a bunch of new information about the massive Skull Island: Reign of Kong vehicles that guests will soon be boarding and on their way to Skull Island.
The expedition vehicles measure in at over 40 feet long and 13 feet high, weighs in at 17 tons and carries up to 72 people.
Each vehicle has front and rear axles that can be steered individually so the vehicle can make sharp turns. The vehicles also run on a completely trackless system, a first for Universal Orlando Resort.
Universal also revealed that there will be a total of 5 drivers during your expediton, each one has his or her own story:
- Becky Callahan: The loose-cannon cowgirl who isn’t fazed by the dangers awaiting her on Skull Island.
- Will Denham: The fresh-faced, adventure-seeking younger cousin of famed movie director Carl Denham.
- Jinks Costanza: A hardened New York City ex-con who is wary of the island’s mysteries.
- Kalana: A mystical descendent of the natives who first settled on the island.
- Charles “Doc” Jordan: A PhD student in paleontology who took time off from his studies to explore the world.
A new episode of the series “Myth Explorer” was also released on Universal Orlando’s YouTube channel. The team finds some new clues about the expedition vehicles and some other disturbing details. Check out the new episode above and let us know what you think!
You can also check out the Myth Explorer “Evidence” website page for even more photos related to the attraction. Click here.
Skull Island: Reign of Kong is scheduled to open later this summer at Islands of Adventure at Universal Orlando Resort!