Holiday World will be celebrating 70 years in 2016, and with it, the park is offering a variety of changes and improvements for 2016.
Here are some of the new things guests can experience in 2016
- New 70th Birthday Plaza, to showcase the park’s seven decades with nostalgic photos, maps, and brochures
- The return of the park’s first ride, The Freedom Train, on display in the 70th Birthday Plaza
- A huge Memories Mosaic, with 7,000 crowdsourced photos taken at the park during its 70 years
- Continuing the park’s birthday theme, new menu items: Birthday Cake Fudge, Birthday Sundae, Birthday Confetti Cake Flurry, and Birthday Cake Ice Cream Dip
- The Legend “reborn,” with more than $2 million in track improvements to the wooden roller coaster, plus the addition of a new “double-down” feature to further enhance the ride experience (opening May 7)
- In Splashin’ Safari, the water park’s filters now utilize sand featuring an anti-microbial coating; this is the nation’s first large-scale rollout of Mystic Blue Sand (Splashin’ Safari opens May 12)
- New boats for Mammoth water coaster, with added legroom
- Dole Whip soft serve and floats add a new gluten-free, non-dairy, fat-free treat
- The park’s free sunscreen will now be 40 SPF protection, with aloe
- The park’s free soft drinks selection will include Big Red, in addition to Pepsi products, Gatorade, pink lemonade, iced tea, coffee and water
- New Peanut Butter Burgers plus Kettle Corn and more gluten-free desserts
- Holiday World Podcast, with biweekly news and musings from two fourth-generation owners, the park’s president, plus guests
Holiday World begins its 70th season on April 23; Splashin’ Safari’s opening day is May 12. For more information, visit HolidayWorld.com.
Be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest news, photos and more from Holiday World!