VIDEO – Joel Manby at SeaWorld Orlando Town Hall
Yesterday at the Nautilus Theater at SeaWorld Orlando, Joel Manby, SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment CEO, held a Town Hall where passholders were invited to ask Joel questions about his vision of the park and more.
Some of the highlights included:
- The announcement of Mako previews for passholders – One will be on June 8th where pass holders have to register at the Passholder Lounge on May 21 and 22 at 10 a.m. The second way to ride Mako for passholders is to register online at SeaWorldOrlando.com/pass and register daily from June 11-30. Quantities are limited to the first 500 sign-ups daily. The third and final way is to get into the park at 8 a.m. to ride Mako during early entry. Simply show your annual pass at the gate from June 18 – August 13 to get into the park to ride Mako at 8 a.m.
- The second announcement was the addition of a hard plastic pass for pass holders to purchase for $5, all proceeds go to Guy Harvey Research.
- An announcement was also made of a new “Passholder area” at Aquatica, SeaWorld Orlando’s water park
- A new entrance exclusively for passholders was also hinted at, especially to be used on busy days in the park.
— ThrillGeek (@thrillgeek) April 30, 2016
- A new commercial for Mako was aired, which will be broadcasted on TV (seen above)
- The new SeaWorld Rescue Roller Coaster coming to SeaWorld San Antonio was also discussed, with a storyline featuring you as the animal rescuer.
- Joel also discussed a new “SeaWorld Global Rescue Network.” Joel mentioned that the company wants to have a sea base on each of the seven seas, and a BaseCamp on every continent.
- It was also mentioned that the park is taking a “serious look” at bringing the incredibly popular Mime back to the park.
- Christmas at SeaWorld Orlando was also discussed, and Joel said the Christmas Celebration will have new additions this year, including Rudolph.
- Tilikum was also mentioned during the Q&A session, mentioning that he is slowly doing better, but has his up and down days.
- Someone asked during the Q&A session if SeaWorld would ever bring back the ski show, but unfortunately due to the obstructions in the water currently, there is no way for this to happen. But the park is looking at other options to use the lake as a form of entertainment.
The entire Town Hall was over an hour long, and we have condensed it down to three videos on our YouTube channel if you want to watch it for yourself. Stay tuned after the break for all three of the videos. Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel while you’re there!