SeaWorld Orlando will have something for everyone this year as the park kicks off its newly announced ‘Summer of Mako’ event on June 10th, the same day as the grand opening of their newest roller coaster, Mako.
Stay tuned after the break for complete ‘Summer of Mako’ event details!
The summer-long “Summer of Mako” event includes events and activities for the whole family, including:
- Shark Touch Pool – The Relaxation Station near Wild Arctic will be home to a new educational experience where guests will have the chance to learn about and interact with brownbanded bamboo sharks, whitespotted bamboo sharks and epaulette sharks.
- Interactive Games – Join the frenzy as you race around SeaWorld Orlando to find some of the tallest, fastest and longest creatures that call our oceans home. One of the games is a texting scavenger hunt. Those who complete the Mako Challenge will have $1 donated to the SeaWorld Busch Gardens Conservation Fund on their behalf.
- Animal experiences – Sharks are not the only thing guests will be able to interact with this summer. The park will also have a variety of animal experts and SeaWorld ambassadors hosting up-close meet and greets, scheduled feedings and other surprises.
- Mako Treats – The Summer of Mako event will also offer a variety of sweets including a honey vanilla Mako shark cookie, a SeaWorld exclusive Coca-Cola Freestyle mix, Mako Blast; a specialty alcoholic beverage available at Shark’s Underwater Grill; and Mako American Red Ale, a SeaWorld exclusive brew available throughout the park
- Shamu’s Celebration: Light Up the Night – Beginning June 18, the fan-favorite event Light Up the Night will be returning to the park. This nighttime production features original music, amazing production elements and of course, killer whales. All culminating in a fireworks spectacle ending.
- Block Party – When the sun goes down at SeaWorld, the night heats up with a nightly Block Party along SeaWorld’s Waterfront.
- Nighttime Coaster Rides – Enjoy Mako, Orlando’s newest roller coaster, Kraken and Manta for even more exciting thrills at night.
SeaWorld will also be holding a special 4th of July event at the park featuring concerts on July 2nd & 3rd rom Country music icon Lee Greenwood at Bayside Stadium. Concerts begin at 6:30 p.m. and are included with park admission. Reserved seating available for $15, visit SeaWorldOrlando.com.
The park will also be lighting up the 4th of July with a special fireworks show featuring the 13th Army Band, Florida National Guard. Fireworks are included with park admission and can best be viewed from Bayside Stadium, show begins at 10 p.m.
Also, On July 1, SeaWorld Orlando will be opening the park gates one hour early for U.S. active duty military, veterans and up to three guests. Spin, glide, skim and fly on Manta or brave Orlando’s tallest, fastest and longest coaster, Mako during exclusive ride time before park opening. Advance ticket and military ID required; visit WavesOfHonor.com for current active duty and veteran ticket offers.
Not to be left out of the celebration, SeaWorld Orlando’s water park, Aquatica, will be getting in on the action with Island Nights presented by Coca-Cola beginning July 8. Guests can enjoy a special Island Nights soundtrack, extended park hours, a daily happy hour from 5-7 p.m., an evening menu sizzlin’ with flavor at Waterstone Grill and evening kick-off parties with a DJ and dancers on Friday and Saturday nights. Island Nights runs through August 6.
Mako, Orlando’s tallest, fastest and longest roller coaster officially opens on June 10 at SeaWorld Orlando! Will you be taking the dive?