Carowinds announced today that they will be getting some new, yet classic rides for 2017 in a new “County Fair” area of the park. Here are the rides coming to the new area:
- Do-Si-Do is a super-fun spiraling adventure that will send guests flying through the air- gliding up, down and around as three giant arms rotate riders in different directions.
- Electro-Spin will give park goers a sense of being airborne in free-rotating, floorless gondolas while being suspended and flipping upside down up to 63 feet above the ground!
- Rock ‘N’ Roller, a staple of any County Fair, is a fast-paced circular ride that will send guests round and around, up and down as high energy tunes and spectacular lighting round out this awesome experience.
- Zephyr, a classic family swing ride, will suspend riders as it rotates in a circular, wavelike motion providing remarkable views of the park.
Carowinds will be transformed into a Winter-Wonderland next year as the park debuts “WinterFest” in 2017. Here are some of the highlights of the event:
- Midway Merryment will fill the paths of the park with melodious song and dance. Guests will also get to meet some of their favorite holiday characters, including Jack Frost and the Sugar Plum Fairy.
- Christmas crafts and activities will be available for the entire family. From ornament decorating and feeding Santa’s reindeer, to making cookies with Mrs. Claus and ice skating on Snowflake Lake, guests will be fully immersed in the Christmas fun.
- Holiday themed LIVE shows will be a must-see during this extravaganza. With Christmas musicals and the nightly lighting of our 70-foot tall Christmas tree- little kids and big kids alike are sure to be amazed.
- Charlie Brown’s Christmas Tree Lot will set up shop in Planet Snoopy. Guests can walk the lot and meet Linus and Charlie Brown from the PEANUTS gang.
There will also be festive food and drink including a holiday style menu featuring smoked turkey and carved hams, and homemade hot chocolate.
WinterFest debuts in November 2017 and is included with the purchase of a 2017 Gold Season Pass.