Drop of Doom VR to debut March 11 at Six Flags Over Georgia
Six Flags Over Georgia, in partnership with Samsung Electronics America, Inc.,
announced an all-new virtual reality experience, Drop of Doom VR. The country’s
first-ever permanent drop tower VR attraction, to debut on March 11, 2017.
According to Six Flags, Riders, using Samsung Gear VR powered by Oculus,
will become the pilots of a futuristic gunship under attack by mutant spiders. T
his intense, interactive adventure features:
- A high speed virtual vertical ascent up 100 stories, while teetering
- off the edge of a helicopter;
- A 360-degree rotating view high above massive city skyscrapers
- that are under siege by enormous spiders;
- A high-intensity gun battle against a giant arachnid, spewing baby
- spiders that virtually crawl all over the rider’s body;
- A thrilling virtual 100-story fiery plunge straight down
- between towering skyscrapers; and
- The final showdown with a spider the size of a van,
- teeth-gnashing and in full attack mode.
For a limited time only, guests can experience the Drop of Doom
virtual reality attraction free with paid park admission.