Expanded kids area to debut at Carowinds in 2018
Carowinds will officially be expanding their kids area and giving it a new name for 2018. The area was formerly known as Planet Snoopy, but will be renamed Camp Snoopy in 2018.
There will be a total of five new rides in the Camp Snoopy area:
- Camp Bus: Buckle up on the wacky camp bus and take a ride that will lift guests into the air and back down to the ground in smooth extensions.
- PEANUTS™ Trailblazers: Get behind the wheel of a Jeep-themed vehicle and burn rubber on a small, round speedway.
- Kite Eating Tree: Ride along in a kite vehicle that travels up and down a tree.
- Pig Pen’s Mud Buggies: Take a trip in a “mud buggy,” where guests will rotate around the popular Pig Pen character while bouncing on a bumpy ride.
- Woodstock Whirlybirds: Spin around in an oversized birds nest on this classic ride.
The park will also add a 8,000 square foot climbing play area called Beagle Scout Acres:
The youngest adventurers will be able to gather in a fenced-in toddler area with lots of hands-on activities.A new play hill will be an open area for guests to enjoy slides and climb on a turf covered mound. Playground wood structures will have hands-on interactives, slides and plenty of things to climb.
“The expansion of our kids’ area along with the introduction of the Pre-K Pass puts Carowinds as a top destination for families,” said Pat Jones, Carowinds vice president and general manager. “The new Camp Snoopy area joins our world-class attractions such as the record-breaking Fury 325 giga coaster and the massive Carolina Harbor water park in offering features that meet the needs of guests ranging from three to 23 to 93, providing unique opportunities for creating family memories.”
Carowinds will also be introducing a pre-k pass for 2018 as well. This pass will provide kids ages 3-5 with complimentary admission to Carowinds for the 2018 season as well as the rest of the 2017 season.