Universal Orlando reveals scare zones for Halloween Horror Nights 27
Universal Orlando officially revealed what scare zones we will be finding ourselves in this year at Halloween Horror Nights 27. The scare zones this year will feature iconic horror films to original ideas from the Halloween Horror Nights Creative team.
Here are the original scare zones Halloween Horror Nights 27:
- The Festival of the Deadliest (Streets of Hollywood) – From the depths where nightmares are born, this horrifying “scare zone” is an ancient tradition filled with hellish wonders that are hard to resist and impossible to escape. This ghastly collection of madmen and monsters from beyond the veil have joined together to revel in firelight and create the ultimate afterlife of fright. And this is just the beginning.
- INVASION! (San Francisco) – Guests will become the grotesque human experiments of fearless alien scientists who continue to plan the preeminent destruction of planet Earth.
- Altars of Horror (Avenue of the Stars) – Guests will come face-to-face with some of the most horrifying characters found in this year’s assemblage of haunted mazes – based on iconic horror films and terrifying hit TV shows.
Universal also announced two scare zones from hit films.
- Trick ‘r Treat (Central Park) – Inspired by the iconic horror film from Legendary Pictures and directed by Michael Dougherty, guests will be thrust into the traditions of Halloween with an authentic showcase to celebrate the haunted holiday. Surrounded by jack-o’-lanterns and door steps awaiting trick-or-treaters, the infamous Sam will be lurking in the shadows to strictly enforce the rules of Halloween – and those who disobey will pay the price…
- The Purge (New York) – An American tradition returns to the streets of Halloween Horror Nights with the annual Purge set to commence. This gory “scare zone” will feature the return of fan-favorite characters from the film saga and the notorious victim auction whose bidders want nothing more than to exercise their right to Purge.
Universal also announced that the roaming hordes will be returning this year as a “grotesque gang of gigglers.” Sounds like clowns to us!
Halloween Horror Nights kicks off September 15 and runs select nights through November 4.