Walt Disney World to begin allowing dogs at select resorts
Disney has officially gone to the dogs. The theme park resort announced today that for the first time ever, guests will soon be allowed to bring their furry friends to select Walt Disney World resorts.
Beginning Sunday, Oct. 15, Walt Disney World Resort will welcome guests – and their canine companions – to four resort hotels, Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, Disney Port Orleans Resort – Riverside, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort and the cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.
The new service permits up to two dogs per guest room. Each resort also offers easy access to outdoor pet exercise areas and green spaces with pet relief areas.
Some of the other perks for bringing your pooch on vacation with you include:
- Pluto’s Welcome Kit at check-in, which includes a mat, bowls, a pet ID tag, courtesy plastic disposable bags, puppy pads and dog walking maps. Also included: a Pluto “Do Not Disturb” door hanger indicating to hotel staff that a pet is in the room.
- Day care and other pet services are offered nearby at Best Friends, an on-property full-service pet care facility. Fees apply.
- Select pet merchandise at the four resort properties.
The resorts’ per night/per room pet-cleaning rates are:
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort $50/night
- Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort $50/night
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort $75/night
- Cabins at Disney’s Ft. Wilderness Resort $50/night
Dogs staying in a Disney resort Guest rooms must be well behaved, leashed in resort public areas and properly vaccinated.