Bonnie Wright To Join “A Celebration of Harry Potter” in 2018 at Universal Orlando
Universal Orlando announced even more details about A Celebration of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando Resort, including the return of Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasley), who has attended the event before. She joins the already announced Stanislav Yanevski (Viktor Krum) and James and Oliver Phelps (Fred and George Weasley).
Universal also announced several new details about the Harry Potter Expo:
- Returning for their fifth appearance, Miraphora Mina and Eduardo Lima will bring London’s House of MinaLima to Orlando, showcasing the graphic designs of Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes.
- Pottermore will be bringing the latest news and announcements directly from the digital heart of J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World (and just might have one or two exclusive reveals of their own up their robe sleeves). This year, fans will be able to once again participate in Harry Potter – #AudibleRecall, now with updated questions and house-specific rounds running each day.
- Scholastic celebrates 20 years of Harry Potter magic with the beloved books that started it all! Fans of all ages are invited to express what Harry Potter means to them by sharing a message on the Muggle Wall; fans will enjoy multiple interactive experiences and enter daily for a chance to win framed artwork from the stunning Illustrated Editions illustrated by Jim Kay, and boxed sets of Harry Potter books 1-7! Collect one of kind giveaways and stay tuned for surprises!
- Harry Potter: The Exhibition is rolling out the red carpet to welcome visitors and celebrate the exhibition’s 9-year, 16-city (and counting) world tour. Guests will be treated to a display of some of the series’ most stunning costumes before strutting the runway to take a one-of-a-kind photo keepsake. All visitors will be able to enter into a draw for a chance to win a trip for two to the next host city for Harry Potter: The Exhibition. The city will be announced during the Welcome Event on Friday evening.Are you a Gryffindor, a Slytherin, a Hufflepuff or perhaps a Ravenclaw? At the beginning of each school year, the Sorting Hat sorts new Hogwarts students into their house, and you will have the opportunity to be sorted into your house in a Great Hall setting! Harry Potter: The Exhibition is proud to present the Sorting Hat Experience.
- Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter is a unique attraction offering Harry Potter fans of all ages the ultimate opportunity to journey behind the scenes and experience the magic that has gone into creating one of the most successful film series of all time. Visitors of the Studio Tour in England, UK, home to the series’ production, can step on to authentic sets and admire the real props and costumes used during filming.
- Based on an original new story by J.K. Rowling, Jack Thorne and John Tiffany, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is a new play by Jack Thorne. Get a glimpse behind the scenes of the critically acclaimed stage play, currently playing in London’s West End, and due to open in New York on Broadway in Spring 2018 and in Melbourne, Australia in early 2019. Visitors can expect to get an exclusive, never-seen-before look at imagery, designs and costumes from the production.
There will also be a variety of panels held over at Islands of Adventure in the Toon Lagoon theater:
- NEW: Graphic Design for Film: Creating Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes – Miraphora Mina and Eduardo Lima, founders of the graphic design studio MinaLima, will share insights into their role as graphic designers for the Harry Potter film series, specifically referencing Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes to describe the process of developing the design of the shop from book to screen. Additionally, they will discuss their broader experience designing The Wizarding World from publishing to their involvement in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley.
- NEW: Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – Discover behind-the-scenes secrets with award winning Special Effects Supervisor, John Richardson – For the first time ever, Warner Bros. Studio Tour London is bringing John Richardson to A Celebration of Harry Potter to share his personal stories from working on the all eight Harry Potter films. In this panel, guests will discover how flying broomsticks, floating candles, fire-breathing dragons, wand explosions and more were created on set.
- NEW: The Magic of Costumes in Harry Potter – Guests can join Jany Temime, the award-winning costume designer behind the last six Harry Potter films and exhibition curator Eddie Newquist, who will discuss the importance of costumes in the Harry Potter films and how specific pieces will continue to leave a lasting impression.
Access to A Celebration of Harry Potter is included with regular theme park admission or with an annual or seasonal pass. Certain activities are first-come, first-served. Exclusive event vacation packages are also available for purchase and include special benefits and reserved sections for the panels and demonstrations.
A Celebration of Harry Potter happens on January 26-28, 2018 at Universal Orlando Resort.