FOX & GES Announce James Cameron’s Avatar Global Exhibition
Global Experience Specialists, Inc. (GES) announced a partnership with Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products (Fox) to develop and tour an exhibition based on James Cameron’s AVATAR. The state-of-the-art global touring exhibition, which will kick off in the fall of 2016, is inspired by the amazing creatures and environments of the world of Pandora first introduced in the record-breaking film. Fox and GES are developing the interactive attraction in consultation with James Cameron and Jon Landau’s Lightstorm Entertainment.
“This unprecedented global exhibition will create a truly memorable experience for fans,” said Jeffrey Godsick, president of Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products. “Bringing the world of Pandora to life and comparing it to the wonders of our own planet, the AVATAR exhibition will bring together immersive new storytelling and science in a tangible, engaging forum.”
The AVATAR exhibition will include immersive, interactive displays that highlight Pandora, the alien world created by James Cameron, putting it in the context of science here on Earth. The exhibition will treat Pandora as a real place that can be studied and visited. The 10,000 square foot experience will allow for a dynamic 45-minute guest engagement offering a wide range of exciting explorations and captivating environments highlighting bioluminescence, connectivity among Pandora’s living things as well as its incredible and diverse flora and fauna. A unique look at the complexity of indigenous peoples and cultures through the lens of the Na’vi, Pandora’s native inhabitants, will be a key component of the exhibition. By showcasing the science and wonder of Pandora, the exhibition will allow guests to better understand the beauty – and fragility – of our own planet Earth.
Highlights of the 10,000-square-foot exhibition include:
- An examination of the Alpha Centauri system, home to the fictional planet Polyphemus and its moon Pandora, that offers visitors a multimedia journey into the world’s discovery and the challenges of space travel to reach it from Earth.
- A Bioluminescent Theater, where visitors experience a recreation of Pandora at night and learn about its beauty, danger and the connections among the many organisms that inhabit the moon.
- An Amplified Mobility Platform suit for guests to step inside to experience the challenge of surviving on Pandora as a human.
- Na’vi culture depicted through careful reproductions to provide an in-depth look at these humanoid inhabitants and how their clans have created unique ways of connecting with nature.
- More than a dozen hands-on interactive components that will appeal to everyone from the most avid fan to newcomers to this compelling world.
GES, producer of blockbuster touring-themed attractions and world-class live events across the globe, will design, produce and tour the AVATAR exhibition to multiple global markets to be announced at a later date.