Halloween Horror Nights 2018 kicks off with star-studded event
Legendary Hollywood icon, Jamie Lee Curtis, Caleb McLaughlin and Gaten Matarazzo from Netflix’s “Stranger Things,” GRAMMY® Award-winning musician SLASH, filmmaker Jason Blum (The First Purge, Get Out), director Michael Dougherty (Trick ‘r Treat) and filmmaker Eli Roth (The House with Clocks in Its Walls, Hostel) were among the stars on the red carpet to celebrate the opening of “Halloween Horror Nights” at Universal Studios Hollywood.
Other celebrities attending the event premiere included Priah Ferguson, Sadie Sink and Jake Busey from Netflix’s “Stranger Things,” Vanessa Hudgens (Dog Days, “So You Think You Can Dance”), musician Travis Barker, Lex Scott Davis (The First Purge), Gabriel Chavarria (“The Purge”), Jessica Garza (“The Purge”), Quinn Lord(Trick ‘r Treat), Danielle Harris and director Dwight Little from Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers, Oliver Robins (Poltergeist), Chandler Riggs (“The Walking Dead”), Pollyanna McIntosh (“The Walking Dead”), Kyla Kenedy (“Speechless,” “The Walking Dead”), Jaime Camill (“Jane the Virgin”), Emma Kenny (“The Connors”), Ariel Winter (“Modern Family”), Nolan Gould (“Modern Family”), Violett Beane (Truth or Dare), Matthew Bohrer (Unfriended), Moses Storm (Unfriended), Olympic Gold Medalist, Chloe Kim, Cody Christian (“All American”), the Jabbawockeez award-winning hip hop dance crew, Angélica Vale, Angélica Maria, and John Murdy, Executive Producer of “Halloween Horror Nights” at Universal Studios Hollywood.
This years event includes a massive line-up of attractions, including:
- “Stranger Things” – Netflix’s critically-acclaimed series comes to life for the first time in an all-new maze featuring the Upside Down and the predatory Demogorgon.
- “Poltergeist” – Inspired by MGM’s iconic supernatural horror film characterized as one of the scariest movies of all time.
- “Universal Monsters” – A contemporary twist on Universal’s original cinematic Monsters featuring an original score produced and composed by GRAMMY® Award-winning musician, SLASH.
- “Trick ‘R Treat” – Based on the Legendary Pictures’ cult Halloween classic movie directed by Michael Dougherty.
- “The First Purge” – Inspired by Universal Pictures’ blockbuster thriller franchise, where all crime is legal for 12 hours.
- “Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers” – The iconic slasher is back in an all-new maze based on the classic Halloween franchise.
- “The Horrors of Blumhouse: Chapter Two” – A killer maze that unites two hit movies produced by Jason Blum – Blumhouse’s Truth or Dare and Unfriended.
- “Terror Tram: Hollywood Harry’s Dreadtime Storiez” – The notorious serial killer clown that terrorized Universal’s famed backlot returns as the host of this year’s Terror Tram.
- “The Walking Dead” – Universal Studios Hollywood’s permanent attraction inspired by AMC’s record-breaking television series
- Jabbawockeez -The award-winning hip hop dance crew returns.
Tickets can be purchased at Hollywood.