Santa’s Merry Marketplace and more coming to Holiday World in 2019
Holiday World has announced that Kringle’s Kafe will close on October 28, as construction of the new Santa’s Merry Marketplace begins in November.
Santa’s Merry Marketplace will be nearly 50 percent larger than Kringle’s Kafe. It will include more dining menu items plus a coffee shop, bakery, candy store, and ice cream shop.
Holiday World will invest a total of $5.5 million for the 2019 season, including:
- Santa’s Merry Marketplace, with five serving stations offering varying menus, plus Candy Cane Confectionary, Sugarplum Scoop Shoppe, and the Polar Expresso
- New “Kids World” event for five weekends starting in mid-August
- On-ride photos for Gobbler Getaway dark ride
- Candy Cornucopia store and Dippin’ Dots Sundae Shoppe in the Thanksgiving section
- Track improvements for The Voyage, the world’s second-longest wooden roller coaster
- Additional Cabanas
“With Santa’s Merry Marketplace, we’ll start a new tradition at Holiday World, as Santa Claus greets park Guests each morning from the bell-tower balcony,” says park president Matt Eckert . “We also plan to work in some reminders of our Santa Claus Land days and other magical surprises.”