Hersheypark announces MASSIVE $150 Million Hershey’s Chocolatetown expansion
Inspired by the legacy of founder Milton S. Hershey, Hersheypark, the 121-acre amusement park in Hershey, Pa., announced a $150 million transformational expansion.
Opening in summer 2020, Hershey’s Chocolatetown is a new region at Hersheypark where guests can eat, play, shop and gather year round as part of the development of 23 acres.
“We are incredibly excited to enter this next chapter in the rich history of Hersheypark. Hershey’s Chocolatetown will mark the true intersection where fun meets chocolate,” said John Lawn, president and CEO of Hershey Entertainment & Resorts (HE&R). “Chocolatetown will be a place where chocolate-inspired attractions will transform the guest experience in new and engaging ways.”
Hershey’s Chocolatetown will feature several marquee elements:
- 15th Coaster – Fastest, Tallest, Longest in the park
- New arrival experience and front gate
- Restaurant, Bar & Patio – Largest full-service themed restaurant in Hershey
- Ice Cream Parlor and Confectionery Scratch Kitchen
- 2,200-square-foot Starbucks
- Largest Kettle Corn location at Hersheypark
- One-of-a-Kind KISSES Fountain
- A new home for the Carrousel, turning 100 years old next year
- Flagship Store with the largest collection of Hersheypark merchandise.
Construction is slated to begin in January 2019 and Hersheypark will remain fully operational during the 2019 season as Chocolatetown comes to life for the summer of 2020.