Celebrate the Lunar New Year at Disney’s California Adventure starting January 25th
Disneyland Resort is returning with their annual Lunar New Year festivities, and takes place during January 25th, to February 17th, 2019! Hosted at Disney’s California Adventure, the special celebration honors Asian Culture and will celebrate the Year of the Pig. There’s so much food, entertainment, and activities to experience, and we have some listed down below!
Mulan is the star this year! Mulan’s Chinese New Year Procession will feature a gorgeous Chinese dragon puppet, drummers, dancers, warriors and characters from the movie.
And since it’s the Year of the Pig, guests will be treated during the procession to an appearance of the Three Little Pigs in their own Lunar New Year outfits. Performances take place daily, so make sure you check the park guides and app for accurate show times.
Last but certainly not last, visitors can also enjoy entertainment inspired by different Asian cultures, and be able to meet various characters in different Lunar New Year outfits, including the Boss Man himself, Mickey! Children will also be able to create crafts in honor of the celebration.
Disneyland is known for their varying, scrumptious food options during their festivals, and this one is no different! Each of the dishes available for purchase at the event is inspired by traditional Asian cooking with a modern twist. You can purchase a Sip and Savor Pass so you can try options from the four festival kiosks and different locations around the park. The pass is $39. Listed below as the menus for each of the kiosks.
Lucky 8 Lantern
Celebrate the Year of the Pig with delicious libations and a savory selection of Asian dishes.
- Crispy Shrimp Fried Rice with Garlic, Bacon, and Edamame
- Stir-fried Vegetables & Pineapple with Soy Protein, Steamed Rice and Crunchy Chow Mein Noodles
- Mandarin Orange-Green Tea Tart
- Vietnamese Iced Coffee
Prosperity Bao & Buns
Raise a glass and toast to a prosperous new year with tantalizing bao and bun-wrapped meals along with a tasty dessert and a specialty cocktail.
- Char Siu Pork Bao, Chinese BBQ Pork with Pickled Red Onions and Jalapeño
- Mickey Chinese Hot Dog Bun
- Mango-Pineapple Pastry
- Winter Plum Blossom Gin Mule
Longevity Noodle Co.
Ring in a brand new year with mouth-watering noodle dishes, a delectable dessert, and refreshing drink.
- Pan-fried Wheat Noodles with Chicken Meatballs, Cabbage Salad with Apple-Ginger Sauce
- Vegetable Egg Roll and Chilled Sesame-Garlic Noodles with Cilantro-Cashew Sauce and Toasted Peanuts
- Egg Tart
- Orchid Spritz
Red Dragon Spice Traders
Add a touch of spice to your new year with a tantalizing selection of Asian fare along with a cool drink and a sweet treat.
- Firecracker Three Cup Chicken with Steamed Rice
- Steamed Short Rib Shumai with Spicy Korean Sauce, Sriracha-Mayonnaise and Cucumber Salad
- Purple Yam Macaron with Crème Fraiche
- Raspberry Lychee Chia Tea