Mardi Gras 2019 at Universal Orlando Resort – Quick Start Guide
Welcome to the ThrillGeek Mardi Gras 2019 Quick Start Guide! Here you will find a variety of key information about Mardi Gras 2019 at Universal Orlando Resort!
Mardi Gras 2019 kicks off on February 9 and runs every night through April 4 at Universal Studios Florida.
Note: Seasonal Passholders are blocked out of Universal Studios Florida the entire day on Mardi Gras concert dates.
If you’re a Universal Orlando Passholder, there are a variety of perks for Mardi Gras 2019
- Be A Mardi Gras Parade Float Rider – Sign up yourself and up to five guests for a chance to ride a float. Seasonal Passholders will not be able to participate on Mardi Gras concert nights: 2/9, 2/16, 2/17, 2/23, 3/2, 3/9, 3/10, 3/16, 3/17, 3/23, 3/24, 3/30, 3/31.
- Have access to an exclusive viewing area (Located near Mel’s Drive-In) – Show your valid Seasonal or Annual Pass to get in. Make sure to arrive early, as space is limited.
- Free Universal CityWalk Club Access on Mardi Gras Dates. – Free club access throughout Mardi Gras, Feb. 9–Apr. 4, 2019. Some venues only admit ages 21 or older with valid photo ID.
- Food Tent Discounts For Premier and Preferred Passholders – Premier Passholders get 15% off and Preferred Passholders get 10% off all Mardi Gras food tents on Mardi Gras event nights.
- Collectible UOAP Button – Pick yours up Feb. 1–28, 2019 from park open until park close at The Film Vault in Universal Studios Florida and Toon Extra in Universal’s Islands of Adventure.
Here is the current concert lineup for Mardi Gras 2019 at Universal Studios Florida:
2019 MARDI GRAS HEADLINERS LINE-UP
- Saturday, February 9: Bush
- Saturday, February 16: Gavin DeGraw
- Sunday, February 17: Dan + Shay
- Saturday, February 23: Macklemore
- Saturday, March 2: TBA
- Saturday, March 9: Becky G.
- Sunday, March 10: Sean Paul
- Saturday, March 16: Steve Miller Band
- Sunday, March 17: Ziggy Marley
- Saturday, March 23: NF
- Sunday, March 24: Pitbull
- Saturday, March 30: TBA
- Sunday, March 31: TBA
2019 Mardi Gras New Orleans Bands Lineup
- Feb. 9 – Feb. 17 – Dirty Bourbon River Show
- Feb. 18 – Feb. 27 – Naughty Professor Brass Band
- Feb. 28 – March 18 – Free Agents Brass Band featuring Honey Bannister
- March 19 – April 4 – New Breed Brass Band
This year, the party animal-themed parade will debut six new floats featuring animals from the arctic, jungle, ocean and more – rounding out the lineup of 12 hand-crafted floats engineered by Kern Studios, the same company that has created floats for the iconic New Orleans celebration since 1947.
We briefly mentioned above how to sign up to become a float rider if you’re a passholder. If you are NOT a passholder, there are a few ways you can still participate in riding a Mardi Gras float. There is a standby line that forms near Barney in the back of the park. GET THERE EARLY! The line forms and even though you are in a line, it does NOT guarantee you a spot. The standby line is simply a fill-in area for empty spots they have on the floats.
Few details have been announced about Mardi Gras food selection in 2019, but we do know it will feature beignets, frog legs, crab etouffee, and crawfish. More details about food will be released at a later date.
If YOU have any questions you’d like us to answer about Mardi Gras, let us know! Email us at [email protected]