Disney World Announces New Epcot Entrance Details and New Pavillion
We’ve all known for quite some time that big changes are in store for Epcot over the next several years. From new attractions to enhancements throughout the park, it’s going to be an interesting journey over the next few years following the progress.
Today, however, we got new details about the entrance enhancements coming to Epcot. According to Disney, the new Epcot entrance will “welcome guests with new pathways, sweeping green spaces and a newly reimagined fountain. This new design will pay homage to the original park entrance with fresh takes on classic elements.”
This also means that the “Leave a Legacy” stones will be relocated outside of Epcot.
Disney also mentioned that “additional significant redevelopment will begin between Spaceship Earth and World Showcase Promenade.” These details will be released at a later time.
Disney World also announced a permanent replacement for the Wonders of Life pavilion (pictured above). According to Disney, this new area “will include first-of-their-kind experiences devoted to playful fun, inviting guests into an innovative, interactive city bursting with games and hands-on activities. Friends and family will interact with favorite Disney characters in an energetic metropolis unlike anything ever seen before at Epcot.”
“This innovative, new pavilion is beyond anything we’ve ever created and is completely unique to Epcot,” said Zach Riddley, portfolio executive, Walt Disney Imagineering. “Built on the power of play, it introduces an immersive and interactive ‘city’ where you can explore, create and interact with some of your favorite Disney characters. This is an experience worthy of our bold vision for Epcot – and another signature element of our transformation.”
Other exciting new developments underway at Epcot include:
- Guardians of the Galaxy-themed attraction already under construction
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure attraction in the France pavilion, patterned after the number-one family attraction at Disneyland Paris
- “Beauty and the Beast” sing-along in the France pavilion, showing in addition to the pavilion’s current film, Impressions de France
- Circle-Vision 360 film for the China pavilion and updated O Canada! 360-degree show
- Signature Dining experience inspired by the natural beauty of Japan
- Space-themed table-service restaurant adjacent to Mission: SPACE, inviting guests to travel high above the earth for an unforgettable dining experience
- Epcot Forever, a 2019 limited-time nighttime experience over World Showcase Lagoon set to classic Epcot tunes, followed by an all-new nighttime spectacular debuting in 2020
Which new addition are you most excited about coming to Epcot?