Universal Orlando unveils dining options for Halloween Horror Nights 2019
Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando has officially kicked off its nearly 2-month run this past Friday! And if you’re anything like us, and managing to work up an appetite after going house to house, don’t worry! There are some really cool new offerings this year, as well as some returning favorites! Created by Universal Orlando’s award-winning culinary team, guests can enjoy dishes based on everything from iconic characters and locations from the pop culture greats. You can even visit a food location themed after Starcourt Mall from “Stranger Things”!
Netflix’s “Stranger Things” Inspired Food
Starcourt Mall: Guests can visit Starcourt Mall food stands themed after the popular shopping center in Hawkins, Indiana and dine on dishes based off the food court!
- Hawkins Heroes: Choose from a variety of classic sandwiches – from a turkey, roast beef and ham hero served with Hawkins special sauce or a veggie hero topped with roasted Portobello mushrooms, squash and zucchini.
- Imperial Panda: Enjoy an orange chicken bao bun served with mouth-watering potstickers and ginger soy sauce!
- Merrill’s Mini Pumpkin Doughnuts: These donuts are served warm with cookie crumbs and green frosting – inspired by the mysterious decaying pumpkin patches in Hawkins, Indiana.
- Triple Decker Extravaganza: Ever wanted to try Eleven’s Waffle Extravaganza? This popular waffle dessert filled with whipped cream and jelly beans returns to this year’s events, being the most popular dish from last year.
Sony Pictures’ Ghostbusters Inspired Food
- Trap Popcorn: Coming in the cutest Ghost Box container, try some salty Slimer-green popcorn from the Ghostbusters themselves!
Fan-Favorites & ‘80s Inspired Menu Items
- Pizza Fries: A “Halloween Horror Nights” fan-favorite, they are piled high with sausage, pepperoni, marinara sauce and loads of cheese!
- S’mores Fries: Definitely my most anticipated snack this year! These sweet potato fries are drizzled with melted chocolate, graham cracker crumbs and marshmallows.
- Twisted Tater: Choose from Sour Cream and Chive, Seasoned Salt, Garlic Parmesan or Salt and Vinegar.
- Specialty Drinks: From the tasty Syrup & Waffles and Candy Corn non-alcoholic frozen drinks to ‘80s inspired cocktails like the “Blood Pit-Fuzzy Navel” and “Vampire’s Curse”, with the cocktails coming in collectible cups.
CityWalk Food Offerings
- Voodoo Doughnut: Guests can choose from a delicious Vampire Bar (not pictured) filled with Bavarian Cream or Netflix’s “Stranger Things” inspired Christmas tree or waffle-themed donuts filled with Maple Bavarian Cream! Definitely don’t miss out on these!
- Jacque O-Lantern: A new cinnamon and pumpkin-flavored shake can be found at The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen.
The majority of the sweets can be found inside San Francisco Pastry Company at Universal Studios Florida. The Starcourt Mall Food Court is located across from Universal Studios’ Classic Monsters Cafe.