Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opening on January 17, 2020 at Disneyland Resort
Disneyland Resort is getting ready to open up Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance on January 17, 2020! Guests at Disneyland Resort will be able to experience the immersive and ground-breaking attraction that was opened at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in late 2019.
Here are 7 tips to help you navigate your visit to Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge to enjoy Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance:
- Download the official Disneyland Mobile App- With the Disneyland App, you’ll be able to plan your day around the land and use the mobile ordering feature at select dining locations when you are in the land. Download it before you go!
- Plan your attraction experience- Starting Jan. 17 as needed, a virtual queue for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance may be implemented to help deliver the best possible guest experience, allowing guests to explore other areas of the park while waiting for their turn to ride. The Disneyland app will have a dedicated module, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance – Access by Boarding Group, available from the main page. Here’s how it will work:
- Request to join a boarding group to ride the attraction, once you have entered Disneyland park. The virtual queue will not be available until published park opening hours.
- Boarding groups will be sent a push notification when it is their turn to enter the attraction queue and you can monitor status of boarding groups from the app.
- There also will be the ability to join a boarding group from select locations inside Disneyland park, if you are not using the app. The boarding group is tied to admission that will be scanned upon entry of the attraction.
- Signage throughout the park will also display boarding group status.
- Admission into Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will be subject to capacity, and having an assigned boarding group will not guarantee entrance to the attraction.
- Make a reservation for select experiences- Use the Disneyland app or visit the Disneyland Resort website to make reservations up to 60 days in advance to make your own lightsaber at Savi’s Workshop, build your own astromech droid at the Droid Depot or enjoy the atmosphere and drinks inside of Oga’s Cantina.
- 4. Display your affiliation with the rebellious Resistance or the intimidating First Order- You’re encouraged to live out your Star Wars story and dress the part while visiting Batuu, however, keep in mind the Disneyland Resort costume policy is in effect. While costumes may not be worn by guests 14 years of age or older, appropriate bounding—dressing in outfits inspired by Star Wars—is permitted.
- Find a new out of this world friend- Inside Batuu’s marketplace, check out the Creature Stall. You may find an exotic creature or critter from around the galaxy to accompany you aboard Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, including a sassy Kowakian monkey-lizard or an adorable porg!
- Explore Black Spire Outpost with your Star Wars Datapad using the Play Disney Parks app- If you’ve traveled to Batuu, you may be familiar with the Star Wars: Datapad, a land-wide interactive experience available through the Play Disney Parks mobile app.* There are so many ways to explore with your Datapad, including choosing to support the Resistance or First Order by selecting new jobs within the app as you move through the Resistance clearing and towards the new attraction.
- Grab a refreshing treat– Available at the Milk Stand, treat yourself to a Star Wars classic- Blue and Green Milk! My personal favorite is the Blue Milk. Pair your milk with a sweet, savory snack made with popcorn from Kat Saka’s Kettle. Try the new chocolate popcorn with Crait Red Salt – yum!
Get ready to get your Leia buns in even more of a twist, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance opens on January 17, 2020!
Source: Disney Parks Blog