Mardi Gras 2019 at Universal Orlando Resort – Quick Start Guide
Welcome to the ThrillGeek Mardi Gras 2019 Quick Start Guide! Here you will find a variety of key information about Mardi Gras 2019 at Universal Orlando Resort!
Mardi Gras 2019 kicks off on February 9 and runs every night through April 4 at Universal Studios Florida.
Note: Seasonal Passholders are blocked out of Universal Studios Florida the entire day on Mardi Gras concert dates.
Universal Orlando’s 2019 Mardi Gras celebration will include the following new add-on experiences:
Bayou Boil – An Exclusive Mardi Gras Experience ($59.99 per adult plus tax and $39.99 per child plus tax)
On select nights, guests can enjoy an all-you-can-enjoy Louisiana-style boil featuring crawfish, shrimp, potatoes and corn-on-the-cob and, upon request, chicken and andouille sausage jambalaya. After, guests will get an exclusive viewing area for the Mardi Gras parade with king cake, beignets, sparkling wine and assorted non-alcoholic beverages to indulge in. The first Bayou Boil will start on February 16 and continue select weekend nights through March 31.
Mardi Gras Parade, Desserts and Cinematic Viewing Experience ($49.99 per adult plus tax and $29.99 per child plus tax)
Available on select nights from March 13 – April 4, guests can get the best view of the Mardi Gras parade while enjoying an assortment of non-alcoholic drinks. But the party doesn’t stop there – guests will be able to sample specialty desserts, sparkling wine and more in an exclusive viewing area for Universal Orlando’s Cinematic Celebration.
If you’re a Universal Orlando Passholder, there are a variety of perks for Mardi Gras 2019
- Be A Mardi Gras Parade Float Rider – Sign up yourself and up to five guests for a chance to ride a float. Seasonal Passholders will not be able to participate on Mardi Gras concert nights: 2/9, 2/16, 2/17, 2/23, 3/2, 3/9, 3/10, 3/16, 3/17, 3/23, 3/24, 3/30, 3/31.
- Have access to an exclusive viewing area (Located near Mel’s Drive-In) – Show your valid Seasonal or Annual Pass to get in. Make sure to arrive early, as space is limited.
- Free Universal CityWalk Club Access on Mardi Gras Dates. – Free club access throughout Mardi Gras, Feb. 9–Apr. 4, 2019. Some venues only admit ages 21 or older with valid photo ID.
- Food Tent Discounts For Premier and Preferred Passholders – Premier Passholders get 15% off and Preferred Passholders get 10% off all Mardi Gras food tents on Mardi Gras event nights.
- Collectible UOAP Button – Pick yours up Feb. 1–28, 2019 from park open until park close at The Film Vault in Universal Studios Florida and Toon Extra in Universal’s Islands of Adventure.
Here is the current concert lineup for Mardi Gras 2019 at Universal Studios Florida:
2019 MARDI GRAS HEADLINERS LINE-UP
Saturday, February 9: Bush
- Saturday, February 16: Gavin DeGraw
- Sunday, February 17: Dan + Shay
- Saturday, February 23: Macklemore
- Saturday, March 2: Sabrina Carpenter
- Saturday, March 9: Becky G.
- Sunday, March 10: Sean Paul
- Saturday, March 16: Steve Miller Band
- Sunday, March 17: Ziggy Marley
- Saturday, March 23: NF
- Sunday, March 24: Pitbull
- Saturday, March 30: Bazzi
- Sunday, March 31: TBA
2019 Mardi Gras New Orleans Bands Lineup
- Feb. 9 – Feb. 17 – Dirty Bourbon River Show
- Feb. 18 – Feb. 27 – Naughty Professor Brass Band
- Feb. 28 – March 18 – Free Agents Brass Band featuring Honey Bannister
- March 19 – April 4 – New Breed Brass Band
This year, the party animal-themed parade will debut six new floats featuring animals from the arctic, jungle, ocean and more – rounding out the lineup of 12 hand-crafted floats engineered by Kern Studios, the same company that has created floats for the iconic New Orleans celebration since 1947.
Parade starts at 5:15 pm on the following dates:
- Feb. 21
- Mar. 4
Parade starts at 6:15 pm on the following dates:
- Feb. 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 18, 19, 20, 22, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
- Mar. 1, 5, 6, 7, 8
Parade starts at 7:15 pm on the following dates:
- Mar. 3
Parade starts at 7:30 pm on the following dates:
- Mar. 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29
- Apr. 1, 2, 3, 4
Parade starts at 7:45 pm on the following dates:
- Feb. 9, 16, 17, 23
- Mar. 2, 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 30, 31
The Little Jester’s Parade Viewing Area located in front of the Brown Derby Hat Shop offers an unobstructed view for children. Access is available beginning one hour before the parade starts.
We briefly mentioned above how to sign up to become a float rider if you’re a passholder. If you are NOT a passholder, there are a few ways you can still participate in riding a Mardi Gras float. There is a standby line that forms near Barney in the back of the park. GET THERE EARLY! The line forms and even though you are in a line, it does NOT guarantee you a spot. The standby line is simply a fill-in area for empty spots they have on the floats.
What is Mardi Gras with food? Universal Orlando will have a wide variety of tasty eats and delicious drinks to choose from at Mardi Gras in 2019.
Universal has also announced that Twisted Taters will be available for purchase, and will feature a “new Cajun seasoning twist!”
PIZZA FRIES are available during Universal Mardi Gras but ONLY during concert nights and ONLY via mobile ordering.
Mardi Gras Tasting Lanyard
Universal Orlando is going to offer a new way to sample a variety of Mardi Gras food this year with the new Mardi Gras Tasting Lanyard. The lanyards give you the opportunity to sample different Universal Mardi Gras foods for the same price.
Here are the lanyard prices:
- 5 items lanyard for $30
- 10 items lanyard for $50
- 15 items lanyard for $60 – (Passholder Exclusive)
NEW IN 2019: Mimosa Bar – This new bar will allow guests to sample a variety of mimosa flavors, including caramel apple, raspberry rosemary, mojito mint and more. The Mimosa Bar is located inside La Bamba Cafe, across the street from Horror Make-Up Show.
Non-alcoholic drink: Bayou Bog Water – complete with gummy worms and fish, blueberry boba beads and a lemonade and ginger ale mix.
- Carnival Cocktail
- Ragin’ Rumbalaya
- Vicious Voodoo (A combination of Carnival Cocktail and Ragin’ Rumbalaya)
- And a wide variety of craft beer selections
Beads aren’t the only thing you’ll need for Universal Mardi Gras. The event features newly designed artistic merchandise each year that can be found throughout the park during the event, such as shirts, lanyards, shot glasses and more!
For a limited time, Florida residents can experience Mardi Gras and the spring season with an exclusive 2-Park, 3-Day Base ticket offer for only $159.99. This offer is valid for admission to one park per day and is available for purchase through April 4 with a valid promo code from Coca-Cola Coke Zero Sugar. Click here for complete details and additional ticket options.
If YOU have any questions you’d like us to answer about Mardi Gras, let us know! Email us at [email protected]!